The Vice President of the Republic of Ghana, H.E. Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia has officially launched the “One Teacher, One Laptop” initiative aimed at facilitating teaching, lesson planning, and learning outcomes.
Every teacher in all public schools, from the kindergarten to the senior high school level would receive a computer laptop each.
Government would pay 70 percent of the cost of the laptop, while the teacher pays the remaining 30 percent.
The launch was held at the Saint Mary’s Senior High School, in Accra, where all 71 Teachers on campus received theirs, after the ceremony.