ICT IN EDUCATION REFORM
The overall purpose of the ICT in Education Reform is to develop the desire and competences in children to use ICTs, equip pre-tertiary learners with ICT skills, infuse ICT into education management, and transform teacher development and tertiary education through technology-based training.
WHAT THE PUBLIC SHOULD KNOW
- The ICT in Education Reform falls in line with the Education Strategic Plan and Sustainable Development Goals (2018-2030)
- The national Policy on ICT will guide the efforts of all stakeholders towards improving educational outcomes and benefit the whole society
- The ICT in Education Policy will encompass all current ICT initiatives that have been rolled out and future ICT initiatives under a common set of objectives
- The ICT in Education Policy seeks to standardize and enhance the implementation and post-implementation stage of ICT in Education interventions
- The ICT in Education Policy will generate greater commitment and acceptance from stakeholders by being transparent with procedures and guidelines relating to the implementation of ICT in Education interventions
- The Reform will create an Open University Framework.
- Those unable to pursue regular Tertiary courses due to various reasons will benefit from the Open University System.
- The Open University system will provide students with methods of learning not limited in time and space
- The Open University system when established will provide opportunities
for Ghanaians to attain University education while continuing with the task of nation building and carrying out other family responsibilities.